"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

New Plan

One Drawing a Day Project
Veronica Lawlor

April 8, 2015

A 6-week drawing project.

My objective is to work through the whole book in approximately six weeks. There will be days when I won't be able to draw.  My intention is to make drawing more a part of my life.

I have done the first four days starting on April 3, 2015.
Chapter 2, Line and Mark





April 3, 2015
Day One – First Step
“Select a few items in your home and create a still life with them.” And “draw continuously, picking the pen up from the page only occasionally.”
I drew the hydrangeas in a vase in the living room using a felt-tipped pen.
I like doing line drawings in pen. I love when I can accept how the line goes even when it is not perfect.  Embrace the Wonkiness!

April 5, 2015
Day Two – Butterflies, Roses, Caterpillars, and a Lady
The assignment is to go to a garden and draw with a dip pen and ink. Well there are no gardens in bloom here now so I drew the paper white bulbs on the dining room table in walnut ink and dip pen. I actually love the line! I've been drawing paper whites for a while now and I never tire of them. I added a lady bug I found (no butterflies available).


April 6, 2015
Day Three – Cellist

The assignment is to draw someone in my vicinity, but there was no one around. So I drew my hands. For materials I used a bamboo pen and Lexington Gray Noodler's Ink. I drew two views of my hand. I really like the blobs and blotches! And the bamboo pen was fun, unexpectedly. I want to change up my tools more often.


April 8, 2015
Day Four – Around the House
This is a good assignment for when you can't get out. “Using a piece of charcoal and some paper with a light texture, draw a portrait of a person from the television.” I used my watercolor journal and some charcoal pencils and drew from the television. I thought I might have to use the DVR to pause it, but I tried drawing from real time and it came out okay. It's a fairly good likeness of Dan Patrick I think (I often watch Dan and the Danettes while working in my art room. Most entertaining.)

No comments:

Post a Comment