"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cereal Box Buddhas

A quick post of transfers onto gessoed and watercolored cereal, cookie, or cracker boxes. I'm not sure which is which. Since I've been using cardboard boxes for painting surfaces, I've become a collector and hoarder of all things cardboard.

I learned about cereal box transfers from the wonderful Carla Sonheim who is the most inventive artist!  She uses all sorts of materials, discarded cardboard boxes, junk mail, etc. and makes the most delightful and original art!


 I've been wanting to use these photo crops for transfer for a long time and today I finally did it! I may leave them as is or add some small embellishment to them.  
Not sure which one I like best...

No comments:

Post a Comment