"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Monday, April 16, 2012

Flower Crazy with Carla Sonheim!

My grand scheme to document my progress through The Artist's Way was a grand flop.  Ha!  I had imagined myself posting photos from my weekly Artist Dates along with witty remarks and deep insights.  That didn't happen and I'm on Week Eleven...  So I've decided to document, as best I can and as time allows, what I am working on instead.


Week One, Day One
Carla Sonheim is doing another  wonderful online class called Flower Crazy.  Yay Carla!  This is my version of the first assignment.  Lots of media - markers, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic ink - on watercolor paper.  And while I don't think this is great as a finish piece, there are some good things I learned in here that I'd like to explore further in another piece.  And it was lots of fun!

Week One, Day Three Assignments. Mixed Media
As with the first exercise these are way too busy for my taste.  But there are some good things in here too that I want to explore further.

Vintage Buttons and Gears
Sea Plants
There are also optional daily drawing opportunities.  Carla gives suggestions for seeking out flower forms and gives links to collected images such as vintage buttons, gears, sea plants.  I would never think to do this sort of thing on my own.  We are asked to spend five to ten minutes on the daily drawing assignments.  I can always fit five to ten minutes in - and I usually end up spending 20 to 30 minutes!  I just have to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment