"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Have an Assignment!

The fabulous Ann Firestone of Save Your Ass Long Ear Rescue asked me to design a flyer and brochure cover for their upcoming benefit Donkey and Mule Show on September 11, 2011!  I'm so excited and have been roaming around gathering images for the illustrations.  My awesome graphic designer daughter has "volunteered" to help me with the technical aspects of layout and design.  It's all good.

Here are a couple of initial drawings I've done this week in preparation for getting down to the real design work.

Miniature donkeys.  Pencil in sketchbook.
Apparently donkeys are extremely curious and if someone shows up with a sketchbook and looks at them, they look right back :-D
Pencil in sketchbook.
I'm going to have to try to get more "candid" images of them I think.  It will involve making frequent visits to farms and spending time with donkeys.  More fun for me!

1 comment: