"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easy Tombow Rabbits Tutorial

Another fun tutorial!  This one by Carla Sonheim, Bunny Power - Easy Tombow Rabbits, took very little time and was such fun!  She has you look at references of rabbits for about 2 minutes.  Then you grab some watercolor paper, hot- or cold-pressed, and a Tombow pen (or any other watersoluable pen) and draw a simple outline.  Then with a watercolor brush moisten the lines and instant tone!  You can go back and add some details or clarify some lines, but I sort of like the unfinished quality.

I want to do more, but I'm working toward doing "a little and often" as advised by Michael Nobbs of Sustainably Creative.  I have a tendency to over do and then get burned out and not do any art for long stretches.  So I'm working in shorter periods which will, I hope, allow me to work on larger projects in small increments with rest periods in between (so I won't exhaust myself and have to recuperate and end up doing very little art at all!)

I finished a larger watercolor painting that I've been wanting to do for a while now.  It's too large for my scanner, so I'll have to photograph it.  Too dark now :-D.

4 comments:

  1. I love your little rabbits. I am going to think about your suggestion of "doing a little and often" and will go visit the link you provide, because I have a tendency to overdo and burnout in everything I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious rabbits just in time for Easter! I too am guilty of ovedoing. Moderation has always been a challenge for me anyway :) Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how much fun is that! Thanks for the link and for your own Easter bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they fun? Such a simple technique, but the effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete