"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Single-Sheet Sketchbook

A while ago (a long while ago) I made a sketchbook out of a single sheet of watercolor paper.  I did a few drawings in it and then forgot about it on the shelf.  I worked in other sketchbooks and then came across it again recently.  I decided to finish it by drawing and painting some paperwhites as they grew and changed.



Of course being paperwhites, they grew quite quickly and sprouted before I had a chance to draw them as bulbs.


One of the bulbs was slow to sprout.  I thought of drawing it by itself, but then found myself drawing all the rocks and other bulbs and the dish too.


And everyday the blooms change.  I try to finish a sketch of them in one sitting because I know they'll be completely different if I leave them for any length of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment