"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lab 10: At the Coffee Shop - Second Attempt


















I took myself off to Starbuck's yesterday to draw unsuspecting patrons.  I'm more please with these drawings than with the ones I tried on Saturday.  I followed the directions in Drawing Lab:  Lab 10 At the Coffee Shop - start with a blind contour (look at the subject and not at your paper).  Then go back and add some details - fabric folds and buttons and features and such.

The hazard, of course, is that you can start a drawing and your subject disappears!  This wasn't such a bad start, but it's all I got.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee, I think these are great! Your squiggly lines actually look like people, not just blobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista! It's sort of fun to scope out a place to sit with my tea (not a coffee drinker) and try to be casual as I look around for my next "victim".

    ReplyDelete