"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Drawing Lab 4 Part I @ VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science)

I'm working my way through Carla Sonheim's fabulous book, Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists.  Labs 4 and 5 are "A Day at the Zoo".



Yesterday I took myself on an "Artist's Date" to VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science) www.vinsweb.org for a drawing outing.  They rehabilitate injured birds and care for birds who can not be released due to injury or who have become unafraid of humans.  






I had a wonderful time drawing the birds.  Owls, hawks, vultures.  I love them all!  It was a delight to be able to get close enough to observe and draw them.  


Unfortunately I didn't get to the buildings where they are rehabilitating injured birds, raising orphaned baby birds, and housing the song birds (next time).  I also drove through some absolutely lovely countryside in Vermont and had a fabulous sandwich called an "Ethan Allen" at Heritage Deli and Bakery in Chester.  If you find yourself in the Woodstock, Vermont area, do take a trip to VINS.







No comments:

Post a Comment