"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Friday, July 30, 2010

Drawing Lab 7 Monkey Business

For this Lab I used reference photos from this Flickr gallery here

Each drawing was done on white card stock.  For the first monkey I used a PaperMate felt pen, Cretacolor Aquamonolith crayons in perm. red dark, orange, cad. citron, and ultramarine.  I touched a few places with a moistened brush to blend the colors.

For the baboon I used a Pilot V Razor Point extra fine pen, Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble crayon in Emerald Green, and soft pastel in pink and lavender.  The Pilot V pen is watersoluble and makes interesting shadows when it mixes with the watersoluble crayons and pastels.  

Next Lab is Imaginary Creatures.  

3 comments:

  1. Your colors came out brilliantly! Lovely sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sketches!! I'm inspired....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krista and Sharon! It was fun and that's what I'm enjoying about this book - drawing is fun again.

    ReplyDelete