I finished my first journal/sketchbook for the online class, Make Your Own Journal! I love it! Of course I made zillions of mistakes and measured things wrong, etc., but nothing really catastrophic. And I got all carried away with the collage on the cover. I have all this paper stuff and I think I was trying to use it ALL on this first one!
I wonder if I could put the fabric on the spine first and then collage over that - being careful not to cover the area that will bend for the spine of course. I’d like the collage part to extend closer to the spine I think.
I could have done a better job scoring the creases for the spine as well. Also I got a little “off” measuring and trimming and ended up with a slightly smaller book, about 1/4“, than I think it was supposed to be. I don’t think that’s too, too bad though.
I made another cover, so now I’ll have to make another signature for that one. Unfortunately I used up all my 90 lb. hot pressed watercolor paper. I have plenty of 140 lb., but it may be too heavy. I could try it with fewer pages and then it wouldn’t be too thick.
Can't wait to use it!