"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind". - Henry James

Friday, December 4, 2009

New Hampshire Sketchers



On Monday I met with three other women who are taking Kate Johnson’s online class, Keeping an Artist’s Journal.  I had a terrific time chatting, sketching, and eating with Kathleen, Pat, and Hannah, all lovely women and all wonderful artists.

Here are a few attempts at sketching en plein air from the warmth and coziness of Pat’s van.


We sat beside Swain’s Pond in Barrington and it was such fun to be in the company of sketchers.  I’m usually by myself, which is wonderful too, but this was a pleasant change for me.  Security in numbers.

I added color later to pen sketches.

It was a memorable and fun day!

2 comments:

  1. How nice that you were finally able to get together! I remember the conversations in the class group about it. I recently met with a blogging art friend over Thanksgiving weekend. We had fun, even though it was cold. Sounds like you had a wonderful time too.

    Your sketches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sketches are lovely....got any wintery scenes to share?

    ReplyDelete